- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Security costs for the 2015 Pan American Games in the Toronto area will be $239 million. The total cost, including security, transportation and the athletes’ village, will drive the cost of Toronto’s Pan Am Games to an estimated $2.5 billion.
The security bill is just a fraction of the nearly $900 million spent on security at the Vancouver Olympics, but officials say there is a lower risk profile at the Pan Am Games.
The province hopes to recoup $65 million when the athletes’ housing is turned into 253 affordable rental apartments, an 8,000-square-foot YMCA and 500 residences for George Brown College students after the Games