- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Randy Parsons will be named the new director of security for the Port of Long Beach.
Parsons is a U.S. Transportation Security Administration executive and former FBI agent. At the TSA he was the federal security director at Los Angeles International Airport and previously at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Parsons retired from the FBI in 2005 after 20 years, where he was special agent in charge for counterterrorism in the Los Angeles office. Prior to the FBI, Parsons practiced law and was a police officer in Topeka, Kan.
Parsons is also adjunct faculty at the USC School of Policy, Planning and Development and taught criminal justice for Washburn University in Topeka.
Parsons succeeds Cosmo Perrone, who retired in May 2011.