The holiday season is upon us and with it comes the busiest travel season of the year. Preparing for every scenario during the chaos will allow you to travel safely and confidently.
Here’s how you and your employees can stay safe when traveling this holiday season:
- Know Before You Go: As you begin to book travel, research the destination beforehand. This includes identifying risky areas, mapping local places to seek assistance, and keeping emergency numbers on-hand.
- Pack Smart: Only take what you know you need for the trip. If it looks valuable to you, it will look valuable to thieves. Make sure you place any valuables you do take with you in the hotel safe along with any important documents, such as identification, passport and extra credit cards.
- Early, Early, Early: Arrive early to the airport to allow time for longer security lines and expect delays.
- Don’t Draw Attention to Yourself: Wearing flashy or luxurious clothing may heighten your risk of being targeted for petty or street crime. Maintain a low profile and avoid displaying wealth or wearing articles that are inappropriate for the local culture.
- Leave the Cash at Home: Don’t carry a lot of cash on you but always keep a small amount of cash with you separately in case of an emergency. Avoid taking large denominations and revealing large sums of money when you’re paying for items.