- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Items Tagged with 'Credit Card Fraud'
Following several data breaches at U.S. companies, MasterCard Inc, the second-largest debit and credit card company in the world, is extending its zero-liability policy for cardholders in the United States to include all PIN-based and ATM transactions.
Payment card information stolen from a recent breach at Target stores has already begun appearing for sale on underweb marketplaces for between $20 and $100 per card.
Nearly half of financial frauds being uncovered involve criminals trying to use someone else’s stolen personal details, Experian warns. The credit checking company says that identity theft is a “significant and rising threat,” accounting for 46 percent of financial frauds detected this year – that’s almost double the rate of cases seen in 2012 (27 percent).