- THE MAGAZINE
- VERTICAL SECTORS
- Critical Infrastructure
- Stadiums/Arenas/Large Public Venues
- Supply Chain/Distributing and Warehousing
- Retail, Convenience Stores, Banks, Gas Stations
- Ports, Terminals and Transportation
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Healthcare/Hospitals/Pharma/ Medical Centers
- Government Data Center Security
- Casino Security
- Government (Federal, State and Local)
Items Tagged with 'cybersecurity'
Researchers analyzing the Automatic Identification System used to track vessels have found that they are vulnerable to cyberattacks. Currently, the system is installed on around 400,000 ships.
While U.S. government officials find the current pipeline for cybersecurity talent to be lacking, 82 percent of U.S. millennials say no high school teacher or guidance counselor ever mentioned to them the idea of a career in cybersecurity.
In response to the growing cyber threat, Congress has been busy drafting legislation.
A cyber attack on critical infrastructure could have a stronger impact than Superstorm Sandy on the U.S.
DHS reports that critical infrastructure faced 198 incidents of cyber attack in FY 2012, ranging from malware to phishing attempts.
Threats involving authentication attacks, espionage and hacktivism will continue to be the biggest concern, the report states.
Although many doctors communicate via unsecured text messages, many hospitals are not actively addressing ongoing IT security concerns.
The UK is developing a new emergency response unit to get answers for individuals and companies when their computer systems come under attack.