- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Airport workers found the men on a navigational pier at the end of a runway last weekend.
The men tell the New York Post they rowed to the closest point on shore after overturning their kayak and losing a pair of paddles in Jamaica Bay.
It was the same runway where a man scaled a fence and walked into the airport after his personal watercraft ran out of gas in August 2012.
In both cases, the airport's $100 million Perimeter Intrusion Detection System of surveillance cameras and motion detectors failed to detect the men who climbed ashore.
Port Authority Police issued the kayakers summonses.