- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Armed security forces at a nuclear missile base failed a drill last summer that simulated the hostile takeover of a missile launch silo, according to an internal Air Force review obtained by The Associated Press. The review stated that forces were unable to speedily regain control of the captured nuclear weapon. It also stated that the team failed to take “all lawful actions necessary to immediately regain control of nuclear weapons.”
The failure was the reason the 341st Missile Wing at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana flunked its broader safety and security inspection, Fox News reports. This inspection failure was one of a string of nuclear missile corps setbacks revealed by AP over the past year, the article says.
You can read more about the drill and its repercussions here.