- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
A shooting has been reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. A CNN report says that 20 small children and six adults, including the shooter's mother, were killed.
The gunman, identified as 20-year-old Adam Lanza, was also found dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the school, and it's inside her classroom where most of the casualties were found, according to NBCNewYork.com. Another relative, who was not identified, was found shot to death at a home in Newtown, the report said.
The 600-student school goes up to the fourth grade. After the search was over, children and staff were escorted to a staging area outside and to a local firehouse.