- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
The app is free, available in English or Spanish, and is the third in a series created by the Red Cross. The first two apps were for first aid and hurricanes; both apps were a resounding success as more than one million people have downloaded them.
The app will include earthquake epicenter locations, impact magnitudes, and local geographical impact data provided by the U.S. Geological Survey. A “shake zone” impact map will provide real-time simplified impact assessment when available, and a one touch “I’m safe” messaging that allows users to broadcast reassurance to family and friends through social media outlets that they are out of danger.
The app also gives the locations of Red Cross shelters and checklists families can use to create a family emergency plan.
The Earthquake App can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross.