- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
In light of shooting incidents in stores, shopping centers, schools and other crowded locations, there has been heightened attention to prevent and respond here in the U.S. and abroad.
Working to provide the industry with the most up to date information about emergency response protocols, as recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the National Retail Federation has updated its active shooter emergency response guidelines, which were originally created in 2008.
NRF’s updates coincide with the release of DHS’ latest online training program, which provide retailers and other private sector employees specific guidelines and protocols on how to respond to an active shooter incident.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security provides the following resources: